The Channel will also have access to the Contestant's email used to create his/ her facebook account ("Email"). For the sake of clarity, the Participant would have to have a facebook account in order for the Channel to access the Contestant's Information. In the event the Contestant clicks on the "allow" option on the page the Contestants shall be directed to the crime scene on the Website. Contestants shall apply their analytical skills and deduce the sequence of events to solve a crime case with the help of audio-visual clues provided. The Contestant has to solve the case by September 15th, 2011, 20:00 hours IST. The Contestant will not be able to access the Contest post September 15th, 2011, 20:00 hours IST.
3. The Contestant shall be required to solve the case with the assistance of clues provided by the Channel during the journey of the case. During the Contest, the Contestant shall be required to enter/ provide their mobile number in the Website so she/he may proceed to the next level. Upon entering their mobile number the Contestant will receive an automatically generated SMS with a clue from the Channel. The Channel shall not be held responsible for the intentional or unintentional entry of an invalid or incorrect number.
4. As the game progresses, the Contestant shall also be required to place a call to an IVR number "505782717" to obtain details for the next clue. The following charges shall be applicable for the call:
Airtel – Rs. 6 per min
Vodafone – Rs. 6 per min
Idea – Rs. 6.99 per min
Reliance – Rs. 6 per min
Tata – Rs. 6 per min
Aircel – Rs. 6 per min
BSNL – Rs. 5 per min
5. At the end of the Contest, the Channel shall, by a process of random selection, select five (5) Contestant(s) from amongst the Contestant(s) who have successfully deciphered the clues and solved the case during the Period ("Winner(s)"). The Channel reserves the right to select the Winner(s) of the Contest and such decision shall be final and binding on the Contestant(s).
6. The Channel reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant(s) from participating in the Contest without assigning any reason. The decision of the Channel in this regard shall be final and binding upon the Contestant(s).
7. Within thirty (30) days from the close of the Contest, the Winners shall be intimated by the Channel on the Contestant's Email and shall be informed that they are eligible for the Prize. The email sent by the Channel shall have instructions on the further process required to be adhered to by the Winner(s). In the event the Winner(s) fails to adhere to the instructions, that Winner's selection shall be invalidated and the Channel shall not be liable to that Winner(s) in any manner whatsoever and the Channel at its sole discretion shall select another Winner(s).
8. The Channel shall not be responsible if the Winner(s) is not available at the Email provided by them and as a result of which, the Winner(s) loses his/ her chance to receive the Prize.
9. The Channel shall not be responsible or liable for any technical disruption and/or failure/ and/ or any other difficulties of such nature, due to which the Winner(s) is un-reachable via email (for e.g. if the email is transferred into a SPAM folder) or any technical disruption and/or failure/ and/ or any other difficulties of such nature, due to which the Channel is unable to intimate the Winner(s).Gratification
1. The Winner(s) shall be entitled to win a trip to Washington D.C., USA for a maximum of two (2) nights and three (3) days which shall include the return tickets in economy class, and hotel accommodation. The Contestant shall also be entitled to a visit to the National Museum of Crime & Punishment in Washington DC ("Museum"). Each Winner shall also be given an additional sum which shall not exceed Rupees Thirteen Thousand Five Hundred only/- (13,500/-) towards miscellaneous expenses for the entire trip, which shall also cover entry tickets to the Museum, food and general entertainment. ("collectively the "Prize"). Any expenses incurred over and above this amount shall be borne by the Winners.
2. The prize is non-transferrable and non-exchangeable. To clarify, no cash equivalent or alternative prize will be given to the Contestant(s) and the Contestants cannot exchange the Prize for a gift of similar value. Further, the Prize won is personal to the Contestant and the Contestant may not transfer the Prize to any other person.
3. The Winner must travel on the dates provided by the Channel and such dates are final and not changeable. If the Contestant is unable to travel on such date the Channel reserves the right to invalidate the Contestant and declare another Contestant a Winner. However, the dates are subject to change in the event of some unforeseeable event not in the control of the Channel and the Channel reserves the right to choose another date for travel which it shall communicate to the Contestants.
4. The Channel reserves the right to choose the hotel accommodation in Washington DC, at its sole discretion. In the event the Contestant upgrades himself/ herself, the cost of up-gradation shall be borne by the Participant.
5. The air carrier shall be at the sole discretion of the Channel to decide and the Contestants shall be travelling economy class. In the event the Contestant upgrades himself/ herself, the cost of up-gradation shall be borne by the Participant. The Channel shall organize the tickets for economy class airfare between the United States and India. In the event the Contestant is accompanied by any companion(s), all costs in relation to the same shall be borne by the Contestant and the Channel shall not be liable and/or responsible for such costs in any manner whatsoever.
6. The Channel shall organize the pickup and drop from the airport in Washington DC to the hotel. The Winner is solely responsible for travel to and from the Indian airport specified by the Channel. The Winner is responsible for and shall bear any other costs, expenses and charges not specified as being included in the Prize description. For the sake of clarity, the Channel shall not be responsible to pay for the travel insurance and/or any levies applicable under the laws of India or the United States, entertainment costs etc and the same, if applicable, shall be solely borne by the Winner.
7. The Channel shall, not be responsible for reimbursing the Winner for the visa, to travel to the United States and obtaining the visa shall be the responsibility of the Winner and all costs associated with the visa shall be borne by the Winner. The Channel will not be held responsible if the Winner misses the flight, or cannot obtain the visa, or for any loss/ damage during transit is caused/incurred. In the event that the winner's visa is declined, the winner will not be eligible for the trip.
8. The Contestant shall execute any and all documents as may be required by the Channel in its sole and absolute discretion in order to claim the Prize and make travel and stay arrangements.General Rules:
1. The Contestant must be above the age of 18 years and a resident of India (as per the Income Tax Act, 1961). The Contestant(s) should not have criminal conviction or an arrangement or a contract that prevents the Contestant(s) from participating in the Contest.
2. Proof of age, if requested, of the Contestant(s), Winner(s) must be submitted to the Channel (i.e., Birth Certificate, 10th Class leaving Certificate/ School certificate/ passport/ an affidavit signed by a magistrate).
3. Contestants should state all the required information, which has been asked from them. Any incomplete submission will be considered invalid for the purpose of the Contest.
4. Non-conformance by the Contestant(s) to any and all the rules will make such Contestant's participation null and void.
5. The Channel reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing rules and regulations or withdraw the Contest without giving prior notice. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Contestant(s) to check the rules and regulations of the Contest on the Fox Crime web pages (www.foxcrimeindia.com and www.foxcrimeindia.in).
6. The Contestant(s) shall hold harmless the sponsor, the Channel, STAR India Private Limited ("Star India), its affiliates, its group companies, their employees, officers, directors or any other person from and against any injury/damage/harm/loss/ death/ mental or emotional trauma suffered by the Contestant(s), in any manner whatsoever in connection with the Contest and/or the Prize and waives all rights to file in person/ through any family member and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India to claim any damages or reliefs.
7. Employees of and/or consultants of and/or persons hired on contract by the Channel, the sponsor and the members of their immediate family are ineligible for participating in the Contest.
8. By participating it is deemed that the Contestant(s) have read, understood, accepted and agree to abide with all the rules and regulations of the Contest.
9. The Winner agrees that he/she shall not hold the Channel and/or their employees, responsible for delays or any problem in connection to the Prize. The Winner further agrees that he/she shall not hold responsible the Channel, in the event, the Winner fails to communicate his/her acceptance of the Prize within fourteen (14) days from the date of intimation to the Winner for reasons whatsoever. In such an event, the Winner right to the Prize shall be forfeited. Further, after forfeiting the Prize, the Channel shall be entitled to select and declare another Winner by a process of random selection, as it deems fit, and award the Prize, to that Winner.
10. Neither the Channel nor its employees have given any guarantee and/or warranty regarding experience at the Museums. Neither the Channel nor their employees shall be responsible and/or liable for any reason whatsoever in connection thereto.
11. The Winner agrees that if due to any reason, whatsoever, beyond the control of the Channel, the Prize and/or anything in connection to the Prize and/or the enjoyment of the Prize becomes ineffective or invalid, neither the Channel nor STAR India shall be held responsible and/or liable for the same.
12. The Channel is in no manner whatsoever responsible and/or shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, for any injury, death, mental trauma caused to the Contestants and/or the Winner in any manner whatsoever or for any reason whatsoever in connection to the Contest and/or Prize.
13. The Winner cannot exchange the Prize for another item or cash equivalent. If the Winner refuses to accept the Prize awarded, the Channel shall be released from all obligations towards the Winner in connection to the Prize won by the Winner. Further, after forfeiting the Prize, the Channel shall be entitled to select and declare another Winner by random selection, as it deems fit, and award the Prize, to that Winner.
14. The Channel reserves the right to forfeit the Prize in the event it is found by the Channel that any information provided by the Participant(s) and/or the Winner is wrong, fraudulent or any misrepresentation is made by the Participant(s) and/or the Winner. The Channel shall have the right to declare another Participant(s) as the Winner of the Contest and transfer the Prize to that person.
15. The Winner, shall do any and all acts and execute any and all documents in such manner and at such location as may be required by the Channel in its sole and absolute discretion to protect, perfect or enforce any of the rights granted or confirmed to the Channel herein.
16. The Winner of the Contest agrees that he/she shall make himself/herself available from time to time and co-operate with the Channel and participate in any activity and/or campaign, ("Promotional Activity") of any nature whatsoever which includes but is not limited to videos, pictures, interviews with the media etc, without any compensation payable to the Winner. Further, the Winner shall at no point of time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Activity for any reason whatsoever. The Winner agrees that the footage of any nature with regard to the Winner shall vest with the Channel and/or such other entity the Channel deems fit, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity.
17. By participating in the Contest, it shall be construed that the Participant(s) and/or the Winner has waived his/her right to raise any dispute with regard to the Contest and/or the Prize, in any manner whatsoever.
18. All and any incidental costs direct and/or indirect, in relation to the Prize, shall be borne by the Winner and in no manner whatsoever shall the Channel, be responsible or liable for the same in any manner whatsoever.
19. These rules and regulations shall be construed and governed in accordance with the laws of India and incase of any dispute or other matter arising in reference to the Contest and/or the Prize shall be referred to a sole arbitrator appointed by the Channel and shall be governed by the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, amended from time to time. The venue for arbitration shall be Mumbai, in English language. All the costs, charges and expenses in connection to the Arbitration shall be solely borne by the Participant(s)/Winner who has raised the dispute.
20. Subject to the provision of Clause 19 above, the Courts having jurisdiction under the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, to determine all matters which the Court is entitled to determine under the Act, including, without limitation, provision of interim relief's under the provisions of Section 9 of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, shall exclusively be the courts at Mumbai, India.