10 Simple Steps to Program Your Subconscious Mind
Posted by Leila Raven on June 14, 2011 at 5:58pm in The Subconscious Mind
by David Holmes
If you know anything about computers, you know there really is not intelligence driving these machines. The only output you can expect from a computer is only as good as the input.
Some software programs work efficiently and seems intuitive to our needs. While, other software programs are slow and clunky and can’t be trusted to provide the desired output.
Our subconscious mind is very much like a computer. The subconscious mind is the driving force behind our lives and manifests whatever we input. This is why children who are given positive feedback and reminded of their infinite abilities succeed in life while children who are abused and given negative feedback have a hard time getting through life. While we are children, it is up to our parents to feed our subconscious mind, but as adults, we must take full responsibility for what is input in the subconscious.
A well-programmed subconscious mind makes the difference between happiness and sadness, success and failure, realizing possibilities and despair.
It is easy to program your subconscious mind and I see it as these 10 simple steps.
1. Be the guardian of everything that enters your mind. Know that everything you see hear and feel goes directly into your subconscious mind and you must manage the information you allow in. Eliminate negative information as much as you can by limiting the amount of news you read, stop seeing violent movies, read only positive information. Keep the positive information flowing into your mind and your subconscious will naturally become more positive.
2. Speak kindly to yourself. When you look in the mirror do you like what you see? Do you compliment yourself on your most outstanding attributes? Stop all negative talk to yourself immediately. You are a perfect creation of God and you have beautiful traits that need recognizing. Remind yourself of your great eyes or your winning smile—whatever sets you apart from everyone else in a positive way. Your subconscious will thank you.
3. Surround yourself with positive people. Negative people can quickly lead to negative thoughts. Make sure your group of friends are those that love and admire you for the great person you are. Eliminate any time spent with anyone who brings you down. You can’t afford the hit to your subconscious mind simply to maintain a negative friendship.
4. Use affirmations to your advantage and the optimum times when your subconscious mind is listening. Immediately upon waking and immediately upon going to bed are the times when your conscious and subconscious mind are closest. It is at these times when you get the biggest bang out of your affirmations. Use positive affirmations at these times to super-program the subconscious.
Some examples of positive affirmations are:
I am one with the creative power that is materializing all my desires.
Money is my friend. I have plenty of money.
I freely express my creativity
5. Be grateful Oprah Winfrey has done a magnificent job of reminding us all how important it is to have gratitude in our lives. Having gratitude allow us to realize the blessings we already have and keeps us open to receive so much more. Make a list of everything you are grateful for and grow this list as time goes on. On any day when it seems that nothing is going your way refer back to this list and remind yourself of all the blessings you already have. Your subconscious mind needs to know what you are grateful for so it can manifest more of the same for you.
6. Manage your time. There are twenty-four hours in the day for everyone. The wealthy and the poor all have the same amount of time—the difference is in how they use their time. On the first day of each month plan, what you wish to accomplish. At the beginning of each week, make lists that support your plan along with all the necessary tasks that keep life going. Daily make lists of tasks you will accomplish that support all of the above. Keep your to-do list with you and check off all of your accomplished tasks. Your subconscious mind needs to see all the tiny accomplishments it takes for continued growth—not all those little checkmarks on your to-do list will go unnoticed.
7. Surround yourself with your favorite things. Begin today placing your favorite things in full view in your home. Whether these be family pictures, treasures from your travels or sport memorabilia, always keep these things visible. You should be completely comfortable at home and your subconscious mind will benefit your renewed feeling of comfort and the peace you will have at home when you have your favorite things around you.
8. Set aside time for you. Everyone needs time to reflect. Whether you pray, meditate, practice yoga, or just read positive information. Set aside an hour each day for yourself. Your subconscious mind needs to know just how important you are and nothing shows this importance than having time for yourself. Many believe there is not a free hour in the day for themselves. Whether you have to wake an hour early or go to bed an hour later having an hour of peace is an important way to clear your mind and open yourself to the possibilities your subconscious mind can offer.
9. Be the person you admire Make a list of the attributes you most admire in others and incorporate these into your own life—one by one. Once you begin to admire yourself, your subconscious mind will have a higher opinion of you as well.
10. Maintain a lighthearted/happy spirit. Never allow the pressures of the day to bring you down. Make it a point to be light hearted and happy as much as humanly possible. Dwelling on the negatives of life badly affects your subconscious mind. Keeping a positive spirit will keep your subconscious mind well programmed and open to wonderful possibilities.