Violent hero









Sometimes, I used to wonder: if war is such a bad thing for the masses, how come we have so many block buster hit movies on mutual killing! Why is it that we the people enjoy these murder movies. We the people, we have enjoyed it, have we not! There is an element in us that gets gratified when we see such movies. We love the Rambo, we love the Commando. I think it's for sure, there is a great need in the people to expel out their subconscious anger, they find great solace in such death-packed movies and video games. Same applies to wars, we have had thousands and thousands of wars in the last few centuries, we just wanted to kill someone or maybe see someone being killed. And we keep quiet in the subconscious fear. And once we have created the self-imposed fear, then we start looking for safety from the unknown enemy and the old story repeats.





Rambo and Commando killed the bad guys, oh yeah!





"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." 

- The Bible Mathew 10:34





"And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith." 

- Qu'ran 2:191





Krishna and Rama being war heroes, I do not need to quote on them. 

Zarathustra, Buddha and Mahavira being the only exceptions.





So that's how it is! War has a role to play in our lives.





So does that mean that I should start resorting to violence! Because violence is the easy way out, you don't have to inhibit any anger inside you, you don't have to accidentally share it with your loved ones, no danger of any pyschosomatic pains, all you need to do is to go eye for an eye, is it not! Will that work? 





Suppose somebody abuses me, so should I abuse him back ten fold because I can? Or if he slaps me, in return, should I over power him, torture him, make him kneel and kiss my feet? If he is physically stronger, then should I arrange men or use my head to play politics to get the enemy guy in deep pain or black mail his family? It's very easy to kill a person, a knife and some force, done, the guy is dead.





Does this violence methodology really work! This method has been going on and on for ages? Was it ever the solution for the better!





Yeah, our action heroes, now old,
I enjoyed their work too!


But Violence is an expression, it is very much a part of nature, see a lion pounce on a deer, see a lizard grab an insect. So violence is very much there. In fact to me, in a deeper and more true context, Zarathustra, Mahavira and Buddha were the most violent of all men. They did not fight against ordinary mortal little men with muscles and weapons, they were VIOLENT against VIOLENCE itself. But to us deluded minds, our idea of violence is such a subtle thing, it has no physicality. So when we fight with VIOLENCE itself, we don't see the RETURNS in a physical sense, and that's not fun right! We want blood! Then the media should take pictures indeed and write about it, discuss and debate, get television time of the people, put some adverts in between. 


We just love to see our movie men Will Smith killing the bad aliens, shooting them down, bang bang, bad aliens die die die! Avatar was an interesting movie, because in it, we the humans were the bad aliens in another planet. We were the bad ones extracting life out of others. And an Avatar-man had to save the day. James Cameron did have a good script going on there, I used have the same script idea too in my mind. He did it first!


Mahapolatma Gandhi might be either one of the most misunderstood men or say one of the most cunning of men, I must say, people have used his face as an icon to suppress violence all the way. Suppression of violence has never helped, for it has to explode someday. Whereas indulging in violence creates a chain reaction of violence and that has never helped. A total amnesty, a total transcending above the violence is what is called for.


I am against Violence as well as Non-Violence. I repeat, I AM VIOLENT AGAINST both VIOLENCE AND NON VIOLENCE and VIOLENT against NO OTHER IDEA or LIVING BEING.


But how to fight violence? How to fight non-violence? These are the big root questions. I will just keep the answers to myself, I am still working on them alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do pass your comments here.