The enemy within














While surfing the net, I came across a poem,


I am posting it here and addressing it 


to all those people who have caused so much of pain to this world,


to all those who keep having a poor understanding and distorted view of God's creations, 


to all those who crucify Jesus Christ time and again, 


to all those who exile Mohammed from Mecca to Medina, 


to all those who wanted to kill Moses and Krishna when they were just children, 


to all those who tried to hide the reality from Gautama Buddha, 


to all those who killed MLK, Gandhi, John Lennon, Osho, Che Guevara...


to all those who have distorted the teachings of these great masters,


to all those who hide behind corrupt politicians, 


and to all those who torment me day in and day out with their distorted garbage,


especially the media garbage, the back-biting gossips and the hidden envy, 


and after which of course, 


they judge(misjudge) me based on my honest reactions, 


 they don't even know how much they hurt,


how much they hurt the world, 


how much they hurt themselves, 


and they just go on smiling as they kill,


and I am only filled with compassion for them,


but I'm human 


not an angel,


I have to protect my loved dear ones,


live a brilliant life,


and go on 


rock n roll.





So here goes nothing...





Don't tell me what's wrong with me 





Don't tell me what you think you know,


what you are so sure of,


that you simply must share with me...


point out...


"express"...


shove down my throat!


with all your postures and diagrams and charts


and reasons and rationales and lofty wisdoms.





You kill my love for you by inches.





Each "telling" slams me backward 9 miles


and I look at you then through a lens


darkly and distorted


with hatred and distrust.





You think you know so much.


You think you have such large understanding of me


of my pain


of my patterns.





You don't really know me


or hear me


or see me.


And by these great truths you proclaim (always about others...)


you show your own true colors.





The air must be thin up there,


so high up in your head.


Petty


small


narrow


ragged understandings


without compassion


or fullness


or real true understanding.





And if I dare to tell you what I feel (foolish! foolish!!!)


where I hurt (unthinkable! dangerous!!)


what I have found about myself


by my relentless movement (I wish you would notice THIS about me!!)





If by some strange courageous attempt,


I dare to tell you what I feel


... If I dare to open my heart to you ...





Don't gloat.


Don't say "I knew it"


or "I told you so"


or "That's what I thought"


or any of your


stupid


mindless


HEARTLESS


better-than


know-it-all


smug


superior


CRAP





I don't care if you ARE right.





I don't care what you see...


what you know...


what you think you know.





This telling, this gloating, this "I'm so smart"


is your way of ensuring your survival.





But I don't care if you survive.





Because your survival depends on my wrongness


On the wrongness of everyone you meet.





I feel it with every breath you snort in my direction.





It slams me back 9 miles


and I see you through a dark lens


hideous and distorted





You are a lurking beast


heartless


a huge balloon head atop mangled shoulders





You go about busily


feeding your head with


critical knowings.


Feeding the furnace of


the better-than, know-it-all, smug, superior, CRAP machine.





Do you hear me?


Will you ever hear me?


Or will you bolster your position again?


Tell yourself that this is "justified"?


That this is your "free expression" of how you feel


and therefore should be allowed


should be swallowed


should be chewed and savored and blessed


and then begged for...(thank you sir may I have another?!!)





It's a lie you tell yourself


Feeding your head,


feeding the dark consciousness hovering over your shoulder,


grinning at me gleefully.





Perhaps superiority is the only "feeling" you know.


Perhaps you don't know anything else.





And you wield the knife of guilt


sharpened and honed...


You require that we bow and scrape


and accept and allow


and beg for more.





To be "good", we must become proper little supplicants


practicing our willingness,


open our mouths and turn our cheeks,


smiling, staying in the game...


bare our backsides and let you you "teach" us


the error of our ways.





What's worse...


You demonstrate how it should be done


how to swallow the bitter pill


and like it.





You "take" instruction


you listen and nod and allow


you chew and savor and swallow


you thank your tormentor and


ask for more.





Then you smile at me and say


"See, that's how it's done."





So good you are.


So grown up.


So evolved.


So kind to show me how to be a better person,


if I could only be just like you.





You carelessly slice and dice


and watch me bleed with aloof disinterest,


and judgments, so thin and piercing.





I have no weapon to return the wound you inflict.


I have no way to reach your absent heart.


Go.


Be gone.


Feed your head elsewhere.


Chew on somebody else's tender core.


Mine is not for you.


Not anymore.





From cyquest





And this next piece is from John Lennon, just as a complementary to the poem above:





Working Class Hero 





As soon as you're born they make you feel small


By giving you no time instead of it all


Till the pain is so big you feel nothing at all


A working class hero is something to be





They hurt you at home and they hit you at school


They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool


Till you're so fucking crazy you can't follow their rules


A working class hero is something to be





When they've tortured and scared you for twenty-odd years


Then they expect you to pick a career


When you can't really function you're so full of fear


A working class hero is something to be





Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV


And you think you're so clever and classless and free


But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see


A working class hero is something to be





There's room at the top they're telling you still


But first you must learn how to smile as you kill


If you want to be like the folks on the hill


A working class hero is something to be


If you want to be a hero well just follow me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do pass your comments here.